With just over a month left to submit nominations, do not miss the opportunity for recognition at the most prominent celebration of achievement for those people and organizations who have made significant and innovative contributions to securing the digital legacy!
Send your Digital Preservation Awards nominations by 09:00 am (BST) on Monday 30th July to be in with a chance of being named the best in your field of expertise.
In 2018, five awards categories are offered as follows, alongside the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) Fellowship Award:
- Award for Research and Innovation which recognizes excellence in practical research and innovation activities. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- Award for Teaching and Communications, recognizing excellence in outreach, training and advocacy. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- Award for the Most Distinguished Student Work in Digital Preservation, encouraging and recognizing student work in digital preservation. The prize includes attendance at an international conference, a trophy and a certificate.
- Award for Safeguarding the Digital Legacy, which celebrates the practical application of preservation tools to protect at-risk digital objects. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- Award for the Most Outstanding Digital Preservation Initiative in Commerce, Industry and the Third sector, encouraging and recognizing the adoption of digital preservation tools and approaches in institutions which are not explicitly memory institutions. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
This year the exciting process will culminate in a spectacular awards ceremony in Amsterdam, as part of an International Conference hosted by the Dutch Digital Heritage Network and the Amsterdam Museum on World Digital Preservation Day (previously International Digital Preservation Day) on Thursday 29th November 2018.