The Digital Preservation Coalition, with support from CoSector at the University of London, the ARA, IRMS, Arkivum, Preservica, and Mirror Web, is pleased to invite students, researchers and new professionals in archives, records management and librarianship to a one day conference on practical workplace skills in digital preservation. This conference will bring a select group of leading practitioners together with the next generation of archivists, records managers and librarians to discuss the challenges of digital collections management and digital preservation.
This conference will:
- Provide participants with a core grounding in applied digital preservation
- Provide an overview of emerging trends in digital preservation
- Present practical examples of the sorts skills that employers are looking from in staff working in digital preservation
- Present role models of practitioners whose careers have taken them to leading positions in digital preservation
- Allow delegates to question practitioners about their day-to-day work and the skills that they reply upon
Find out more and how to book on the DPC website.